Deferred examination in 2020
The format of the Deferred Examination,
to be held in the last week of the mid-year break,
will be identical to that of the Final Examination.
4 students will be sitting the exam on-campus in the normal face-to-face format.
1 student will be using Examplify.
For all students:
- The exam provides 50% of your assessment in CITS4407 this semester.
- The total length of the exam is 2 hours (no additional reading period).
- The exam is closed-book.
You may not use any resources such as textbooks or prepared notes,
but you may write on sheets of blank paper to help you plan your answers.
- You will not require a calculator, or graph paper,
and will not be required to draw any diagrams in your answers.
- The exam has 4 questions of equal value (10 marks each).
You are required to attempt all 4 questions.
- During the exam there is no opportunity to ask for any clarifications so,
near the top of any answer,
state any (unusual) assumptions that you have made in answering each question.
- The subject matter of the questions has been drawn from lectures,
the recommended readings,
and laboratory and assignment work.
- The 2018 final examination is representative of the format and
question style for 2020
(the exam of 2019 was a different format, open-book exam).
The 2018 Final Examination
Sample answers to the sample examination papers will not be provided.
For students undertaking their final exam using the Examplify software: