CITS3402 High Performance Computing
Unit home page
CITS3402 High Performance Computing - Lab Sheets
Lab Sheet 5 (How to access the cluster and run MPI programs)
- Lab Sheet 1, it is also explained in this video
Students writing code in Fortran please use the directives explained in the lectures.
- Lab Sheet 2, the background for this lab is explained in two videos. Please check the lab sheet.
- Timing C and Fortran programs
- Lab Sheet 3
- Assignment 1
Some notes on the labs:
- The labs are not substitutes for the lectures. You cannot complete half of the unit just by doing the labs. The labs and the lectures will be
complementary. This is not just a programming unit. The actual coding
may be small, but you will not be able to write efficient code (which is our aim in this unit) unless you understand the underlying principles. For example,
you can review lecture 2 to see how seemingly efficient codes can give very
inefficient results due to false sharing of the L1 cache.
- The labs will be supervised. You can also come to my office
and discuss any questions that you may have. However, you have to solve
your programming problems (and compilation errors) mostly on your own. You can also
post any questions in the help forum and on facebook. Please remember that
I am always available for consultation (except for the lunch hours) and
lecture times. I will come to the lab from time to time, but may not be present at a stretch.
||School of Computer Science & Software Engineering
The University of Western Australia
Crawley, Western Australia, 6009.
Phone: +61 8 9380 2716 - Fax: +61 8 9380 1089.
CRICOS provider code 00126G